Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Repulsive murderer UPDATE #378




Victim's sister: O.J. publisher offered hush money

The O.J. Simpson book saga took another twist Tuesday when his former sister-in-law, Denise Brown, accused the media company behind the project of trying to buy her family's silence for "millions of dollars."

A spokesman for News Corp., owner of Fox Broadcasting and publisher HarperCollins, confirmed that the company had conversations with representatives of Nicole Brown Simpson's and Ron Goldman's families over the past week and that the families were offered all profits from the planned Simpson book and television show, but he denied that it was hush money.

"There were no strings attached," News Corp. spokesman Andrew Butcher said.

Denise Brown told NBC's "Today" show Tuesday that her family's response was "Absolutely not."

"They wanted to offer us millions of dollars. Millions of dollars for, like, 'Oh, I'm sorry' money. But they were still going to air the show," Brown said. "We just thought, 'oh my god.' What they're trying to do is trying to keep us quiet, trying to make this like hush money, trying to go around the civil verdict, giving us this money to keep our mouths shut."



Read on...

6 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry, but I ran out of sympathy for the Goldman and Brown families long ago. Yes, god knows I'm sympathetic to their grievous losses. I think to lose a child must be the most devastating thing life can hand one. And to have one murdered is even worse. I deal with this all the time with victims. But, they've also parlayed it into far more than their 15 minutes of fame and money. They've loved every minute of the spotlight, and sought out attention at every opportunity. That absolutely makes me want to puke.

Argon said...

Well how much did they think they were going to make off it that could afford to pay them that much to keep quiet?

Obviously it wasn't enough because they decided to cancel it with all the backlash from it. It must've passed the point to where the expenses and the bad PR outweigh the profit they could make on it.

I saw a comment on HuffPo about it saying that if they gave OJ something better to do then he wouldn't have to come up with dumb ideas like these. Then they gave suggestions that he could go on The Surreal Life show and Dancing with the Stars. After all football players like Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith turned out to be very good dancers so I bet he'd do pretty well also. They had Janet Dickenson and Omarosa on Surreal Life because they were hated by a lot of people and Janet Dickenson is psychotic. So it wouldn't be to much of a stretch to have OJ on.

http://www.cafepress.com/globalo

Kansas said...

Is there a game show where the penalty for losing is death? I say sign him up!

Or perhaps Dancing with the Tards?

Karen said...

Dancing with the Electric Chair?

Argon said...

We speaking of Foamy's rants, in Foamy's Ran 3, he suggested The Snuff Channel where the people would be tied to chairs and the heat turned up gradually over a 36 hour period with a countdown clock.

Is that the kind of thing you had in mind? There are plenty of people I'd like to see there besides OJ, Janice Dickenson and Omarosa included.

Kansas said...

So I happen across this website, not sure how I got there, I was lost in linkland. Now I hate to even add the link to this tard’s site because it’s just so, so, STUPID. This guy is actually requesting donations so he can crank out these bumper stickers with dead soldiers names on them.



I am repulsed. I am so repulsed that I left the following comment:

Snuff Channel? I think Fox has that planned for fall sweeps!

I'm thinking more along the lines of Survivor.

1. Put all these cretins on an island, preferably the Island of Dr. Moreau.

2. Tell them it’s for a new fall show. They’ll be climbing over each other to go.

3. Be sure to leave room for Paris and Anna Nichol.

4. Then just leave them there.