Friday, December 01, 2006

My World (and welcome to it)




Oklahoma got spanked last night. After 24 hours of freezing rain, it finally started to snow yesterday afternoon. It wasn't just snowing, it was snowing sideways, which I guess would make it a blizzard. See, we’ve never had a blizzard in Tulsa, at least not in the 30 years I’ve lived here.

This led to great excitement on my part. Hello, I’m Moogirl, and I’m a weather weenie.

Maybe it’s living in Oklahoma, where our state motto is, “Oklahoma, if you don’t like the weather, wait five minutes.” Maybe it was doing the Tornado Tango on Easter, 1981. Whatever the reason, I am a weather enthusiast. And last night was too much fun.

We broke the record for most snow in an hour, most snow in a 24-hour period, and most snow in November. We’ve also never had a blizzard warning before. All in all we got 10 and a half inches where I live, they got more north of the city, which is pretty much shut down.

So here are a few pictures of my world this morning. I know this may not seem like a lot of snow to those of you in say, New York, but I’m in Oklahoma, not North Dakota. And I am having too much fun!





Click on pictures to enlarge





7 comments:

Karen said...

Glad you're glad, because I sure wouldn't be.

sage said...

We haven't got much snow yet--mostly ice, and I was getting ready to start waxing skis

Kansas said...

What part of the world are you from Sage?

sage said...

SW Michigan

Kansas said...

Well then my measly little 10 inches of snow is most likely just nuisance weather to you huh? We don’t get snow like this so we kinda don’t know how to act when we do lol.

You get that gnarly weather that comes off the Great Lakes don’t you?

Anonymous said...

This time

the road crews and the electric utility companies weren't prepared (roads still not cleared and wide-spread power outages after 3 days)

and

the weather forecasters were correct.

Kansas said...

Where do you hail from, Alex?