Monday, January 08, 2007

Blogger holdouts getting the shaft?

"Announcement: there is a scheduled outage for old Blogger Tuesday, January 9th, from 7:45am-9:45am PST. You will not be able to post to old Blogger blogs or access any old Blogger blogs on Blog*Spot during this time."

I see this becoming business as usual until we all upgrade to Blogger Beta. Looks like it may be time to look for a new source.


Also, under the "Scheduled Outage" notice, was this:

New Blogger is currently experiencing issues with:

team blogs: non-admin team members are seeing errors when trying to post

mail2blogger: it's acting up and we're looking into why

blogger mobile: same issue as mail2blogger
Thanks for your patience - we'll have these fixed asap.


Thursday, December 28, 2006

Some users are seeing forbidden (403) messages instead of their blogspot blogs. We are aware of this problem and are working on it.

Friday, December 15, 2006

Users on the new Blogger are seeing intermittent 500 Server Error pages. We are working to repair this.

Update, 12:01PM: We believe that this problem is taken care of, but we are continuing to monitor closely.


Friday, December 08, 2006

We are diagnosing and fixing problems with the new version of Blogger in beta right now. Users are seeing 502 server errors when posting to blogs on the beta, and the site’s overall performance is poor.

Update, 3PM: We have fixed the current problem, and are continuing to monitor things closely to prevent relapse. We apologize for the lapse in service.


And you people wonder why we won't upgrade?

6 comments:

sage said...

oh gee, I suppose this means I won't see you and you can't see me tomorrow morning, eh?

I don't really want to move--I have good archieves here that I want to maintain. Can you move over all your files from blogger to another platform?

Anonymous said...

Google does have a sense of humor when it pokes fun at itself tho.

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

http://www.google.com/jobs/lunar_job6.html

http://www.google.com/romance

Kansas said...

I never was a morning person, so you won't be missing much!

And I'm not sure if you can move your archives or not. I don't know how that would work.

Argon said...

I do have most of it backed up on Yahoo, but it's not as easy for people to access that's why I got one on Blogger.

Maybe I should get one on TypePad too, Will Wheaton changed his to Typepad, but I'm not sure how easily customizable it is, I don't really like the format he has.

I don't think it makes all that much difference since mine isn't viewed very much so I may just put up with temporary inconviences that Blogger throws up.

OTHOH it never hurts to have another backup, I can take the stuff I have to another site just to be safe and have 3 instead of 2

RTO Trainer said...

I still have not been accorded the opportunity to upgrade.

Kansas said...

There should be a notice to upgrade on the page that comes up after you post something. Also on your profile page, I think.