Monday, January 08, 2007

Taking the bull by the horns?

If you ever find yourself visiting New York City, and you've accidentally left behind your neon sign that flashes, “I don’t get out much”, or your t-shirt that reads, “I’m With Stupid” with an arrow pointing up, have no fear. There is a way to let savvy New Yorkers know you’re new in town.



You just head on over to Wall Street and get your picture taken with the Wall Street bull. You know, the huge iron bull that sits outside Wall Street headquarters. It’s a favorite stop for tourists who love to capture themselves beside a real New York icon. Like this
----------------->

At least that's what "normal" tourists do.




However...




For some people, no trip to NYC is complete without doing something rude to the bull, and capturing it on film, to the sheer delight of all native New Yorkers. It even has a name: raping the bull. It’s done so often that the bull’s...um...nether regions, are all shiny and gold.

I swear if I lived there, I’d just pull up a chair...

















Need more proof that Americans just don't know how to act in public? More bovine molestation pics are here (bottom of page).

7 comments:

sage said...

so this is what Moogirl was doing with her time off.

After these shots, I think it's time for you to explain your name. (or tell me where you've explained it)

Murf said...

I wonder what the percentage is of 'offenders of the bull' who are males between the ages of 14 and 21. I'm guessing it's pretty high.

Kansas said...

Actually Murf, according to the pictures, women seem to be the more frequent offenders. I know there’s a joke in there somewhere, but I haven’t had enough coffee yet.

Sage, I am SO not responsible! But I know the first place I’m going if I ever get up to NYC.

As far as my name, I don’t think I’ve ever explained it here. I will do so soon, but just for you! Suffice it to say, it involves poisoning and sarcastic friends. Ooooh the intrigue…

Shane said...

Thanks for the link. It seems that there is an equal percentage of "molestors" Keep visiting as I put new "Raping the Bull" pictures up every day. Thanks again and enjoyed your blog

Shane @WallstreetFighter.com

Kansas said...

Shane, I love the molestations. The one I posted is still my favorite.

Thanks for reminding us that people are funny!

Karen said...

All of you who THINK you know how Moogirl got her name may be very surprised when you learn the real story. I was. It was nothing like I imagined. And her friends are VERY sarcastic indeed. Just like we all would be in the same circumstances. No one gets out unscathed with "the group".

Kansas said...

OMG I can't believe you remember that, Cait. You know that was over 3 years ago?

Wow, I'm impressed, girl. Guess I'm gonna have to 'splain it now lol.