Sunday, January 14, 2007

Someone should tell him, “We get it...”

Bush schools America

Bush on "60 Minutes" with Scott Pelley

Do you believe, as commander-in-chief, you have the authority to put the troops in there no matter what the Congress wants to do?” Pelley asks.

“I think I’ve got – in this situation, I do, yeah.” Bush says.

“Final question. How can you escalate the war when so many people in this country seem to be against it?” Pelley asks.

"I'm gonna have to keep explaining. That's why I'm doing this interview with you. And I gotta keep explaining that failure in Iraq will affect the security of the people here in the United States. And secondly, that we can succeed,” the president says.

“Scott, sometimes you're the commander-in-chief, sometimes you're the educator-in-chief, and a lot of times you're both when it comes to war. We are in an ideological struggle. And it's a really classic ideological struggle. And, Iraq is part of it. And it's very important for me to not only continue to explain why I believe we can be successful in Iraq but explain to people that what happens in the Middle East will affect the future of this country.”


God help us all, we're getting schooled by The Great and Powerful Oz.

And if you all weren't so stupid, we'd own the Middle East by now.

I don’t know about anybody else, but I find it highly insulting that Bush thinks because the country disagrees with him, we need to be educated. WE need to be educated. The entire country. The politicians. The media. The military commanders. The troops themselves. And a good 80% of the population. We all just need a good old-fashioned learnin’ from the Educator-in-Chief. Then we’d ALL understand that his ideas and plans are just the best ideas and plans EVER.

And why, you might ask? Because he’s just the most thoughtful, intelligent, educated, calculating, insightful, exceptional, imaginative, ingenious, knowledgeable, perspicacious, penetrating, enlightened president ever! Hasn’t he already proven that, America? Good grief, people, what do you want???

America, you better wise up! We have a genius running our country, so you needn’t bother questioning his moves and motives. He’ll tell us what we need to know, when we need to know it, and he’ll use little words so we can all understand. Until then, sit down, shut up and stop asking so many questions. George is at the helm of this ship, so just sit there and look pretty, America.

And you know what? I’m on board. I am so on board this Good Ship Lollipop. I’m going to stop watching the news. I’m going to stop reading the paper. I’m going to stop checking news sites on the net. Heck, I'm even going to stop forming opinions. I don’t even want to hear about the war anymore. I’m just going to rest in the knowledge that George W. Bush is at the helm, guiding our ship safely through the waters.

And I’m going to do all this right after I hear him pronounce the word “nuclear” correctly. NU-CLE-AR. Not NUC-U-LAR. Just as soon as I hear him pronounce that one tiny word the way God intended, I’ll not only be on board, I’ll get an S.S. Lollipop tattoo on my butt.

But until then I want him lashed to the mast where he can do the least damage! Educate me…*!#%*%#^%!

The G & P Oz doesn't need Congress' permission anymore either. When you are as brilliant a thinker as he is, you don't need no stinkin' permission...

10 comments:

RTO Trainer said...

Uh. No.

"If you weren't all so impatient, you'd allow for a reasonable amount of time (the historical minimum at least) to accomplish our goals."

sage said...

my backwoods upbring often leads me to say nuc-u-lar too, but I still think he's an idiot.

RTO Trainer said...

Jimmy Carter, a US Navy nuclear technician pronounced it the same way to similar criticism. Still resulted in the capitulation at Miriam Webster who sho it as properly pronounced either way.

Main Entry: nu·cle·ar
Pronunciation: 'nü-klE-&r, 'nyü-, ÷-ky&-l&r
Function: adjective

RTO Trainer said...

Jimmy Carter, a US Navy nuclear technician pronounced it the same way to similar criticism. Still resulted in the capitulation at Miriam Webster who show it as properly pronounced either way.

Main Entry: nu·cle·ar
Pronunciation: 'nü-klE-&r, 'nyü-, ÷-ky&-l&r
Function: adjective

Anonymous said...

Now see, that average joe routine was endearing to the public at first. Now they find out it really meant stupidity and now the average joes don't like him that much now.

I still stand by my original choices for president: Homer Simpson, Peter Griffin, or Zapp Branigan.

Kansas said...

I checked out Merriam Websters, and you are correct. This is what they say:

“Though disapproved of by many, pronunciations ending in \-ky&-l&r\ have been found in widespread use among educated speakers including scientists, lawyers, professors, congressmen, United States cabinet members, and at least two United States presidents and one vice president. While most common in the U.S., these pronunciations have also been heard from British and Canadian speakers.”

What that tells me is, if enough important people slaughter the pronunciation of a word, sooner or later it will be included as an alternative pronunciation. The spelling of the word alone is enough to tell anyone that it cannot be pronounced nu-kyu-lar. The fact that MW has included it as an alternative is disappointing. No wonder Johnny can’t read, or speak correctly.

Maybe it’s one of those words that are like a tongue twister for some people, like aluminum. I often say a-lu-ni-mum. But alas, I’m not the leader of the free world, and aluminum doesn’t strike fear in the hearts of the people who live in said world.

It strikes me as odd that, seeing as how the overall perception of the president is that he is an uneducated cowboy, that his handlers wouldn’t as least suggest he stop doing something that so blatantly adds to that perception. He’s surrounded by some of the smartest people in the world, you know he hears the word nuclear pronounced correctly at least 20 times a day. And yet…sigh.

I suppose that if more of society pronounced aluminum the way I do, MW would sooner or later add that as an alternative pronunciation too. Wouldn’t make it right.

Anonymous said...

Hey. He's stealing my ideas
Bush Must Go - Only Impeachment Can Stop Him By PAUL CRAIG ROBERTS.

As far as nuc-lear, educated people don't have a problem pronouncing the word without the "u".

They usually don't have a problem pronouncing Bush as dickhead either.

Kansas said...

You know, every time I read Paul Craig Roberts, it’s like listening to Deep Throat. I don’t know who his sources are, but the information he gets is just mind-boggling. Of course, the mainstream media wouldn't touch information like this with a ten-foot pole.

If Americans were aware of half of what Roberts knows, they’d be storming the White House with pitchforks, screaming for impeachment.

Anonymous said...

What are you talking about MG?

He's reading your blog and my comments. Isn't it apparent? ;) giggle

Kansas said...

That’s it! Must be. Although I’d never heard of the USS Liberty incident. So I Googled it. More information that I didn’t want to know. I would do a post on it but it involves Israel. Can’t go there…