Friday, January 05, 2007

Mmmmmm...bacon.....












Georgia Hunter Bags 'Hogzilla'

An urban legend comes to life, and meets its death in northeast Georgia.

A boar weighing 1,100 pounds was shot and killed in a Fayette County neighborhood.

People passing by the Coursey house are amazed by the boar hanging from a tree in the front yard. William Coursey, an avid hunter, shot the pig in a neighbor's yard.



Yeah, yeah, we all loves us some giant pig stories, but can it really be considered hunting when you shoot it in your neighbors yard?

I must urge you to jump on over to CNN. They have video.

They have video of giant pig-monster swinging from a tree.

They have video of giant redneck-monster.

They have video of giant redneck-monster’s REBEL FLAG swinging from a flagpole.

They have video of giant redneck-monster’s rebel flag flying at half-staff, out of respect for the dead president. Or the dead pig. Not sure which one, could go either way.

Never let it be said that giant redneck-monsters are not both respectful AND patriotic. I’m sure he voted for Bush. Twice…

And the final irony is, CNN sent a BLACK REPORTER to do this story. Never let it be said that the deciders over at CNN don’t have a sense of humor.

And just in case there is someone still holding out hope, the South will never, EVER, rise again.

(Sorry, Sister! I am SO going to get a phone call after this...)


Read on

14 comments:

Jane said...

No apology necessary and yes, you are sooo going to get a call in a little while. While they are numerous, not everyone in the South is a pig-swinging, rebel flag waving, Bush voting moron. I'm guessing the biggest difference between the redneck-monsters in Oklahoma and those in the South is you don't have Godzilla-sized pigs strolling through your yards.

Kansas said...

OMG yer killin’ me! Pig-swinging, rebel flag waving, Bush voting, BANJO-PLAYING, morons! You forgot banjo-playing. I can’t believe you activated a Google account just so you could crab! You are so funny!

And no, we don’t have giant pigs strolling through our yards, but we have opossums the size of VWs...does that count?

But we don’t usually string them up in the trees...too busy makin’ stew!

Kansas said...

We must get you a pic to go with your snark!

sage said...

Was the pig straight?

I ran into a boar once when hiking in the Smokies. I've had dozen of bear encounters with no problems, but I hope I never have another boar encounter, those suckers are mean.

Jane said...

Judging from his looks, he was probably celibate.

Kansas said...

lmao Was the pig straight! Oh don't even go there! Scenes from "Deliverance" are coming to mind....

Wasn’t it Ned Beatty who was told to squeal like a pig by the inbred hillbillies? Oh good grief, I didn’t even think of Deliverance or I would have come up with a totally different post!

Do tell, Sage. Did the boar want to snuggle with you?

Kansas said...

And they said the stench of the pig was overwhelming, so it's a pretty good bet he was celibate.

They said the boar didn't smell good either!!!

sage said...

nah, but he showed his teeth (it may be her teeth for all I know, but I also knew I didn't want to get close enough to find out for sure)

I did have a female bear (she had a cub tagalong) nuzzle me out of bed one morning

Kansas said...

So it wasn't a lesbian bear then?

You're lucky you lived to tell about it if she had a cub with her though.

Karen said...

If I ever had a bear (of any sexual preference) nuzzle me awake, I would be dead anyway. I'd croak of a heart attack right there in the bead. I think the story about the pig could have occurred in just about any state, although there might have had to be some different victim hanging in the tree. There seem to be rednecks in just about every state. As far as the South rising again, they didn't actually get all that far up the first time. The whole thing was mostly bravado and one damned good general. And to top it all, we're still pissed about losing.

sage said...

Moogirl, the cub was following her. She was sniffing around for food (which was well secured out of her reach). I wrote a post last year about my bear encournters:

http://sagecoveredhills.blogspot.com/2006/04/recalling-encounters-with-bears.html

Cait, as an ex-pat Southerner, I think you're partly right about the South, but we had more than one good general (and I'm from the school that doesn't place Lee in that list).

Murf said...

I too was about to ask if the boar was straight. Sage and I are thinking the same? *shiver*

Kansas said...

It is kinda scary, isn't it? You two, sharing the brain...

Karen said...

Sage, you're right, we had way more than one really fine general down here in Dixie. And I'm of the school that places Lee at the top of that list (or any other list of great military strategists). The North wasn't just whistling Dixie when they asked him to lead the Union Army. If he had, the war would have been over a great deal sooner.