Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I hate other children's parents...


Girl Kicked Off Plane After Tantrum

Flight attendants often deal with obnoxious passengers who won't listen to instructions by kicking them off the plane. But a Massachusetts couple think AirTran Airways went overboard by treating their crying 3-year-old daughter in much the same way.

Julie and Gerry Kulesza and daughter Elly were removed from the flight when the girl refused to take her seat before takeoff, airline officials said Tuesday. But her parents said they just needed a little more time to calm her down.

The Kuleszas planned to fly home to Boston on Jan. 14 from Fort Myers after a four-day visit with the girl's paternal grandparents. She was removed because "she was climbing under the seat and hitting the parents and wouldn't get in her seat" during boarding, AirTran spokeswoman Judy Graham-Weaver said.

AirTran officials say they were only following Federal Aviation Administration rules that children age 2 and above must have their own seat and be wearing a seatbelt upon takeoff.

"The flight was already delayed 15 minutes and in fairness to the other 112 passengers on the plane, the crew made an operational decision to remove the family," Graham-Weaver said.

But Julie Kulesza said: "We weren't giving an opportunity to hold her, console her or anything."
(Ok, my head just exploded)

"Elly was sitting in front of our seat crying," she said in a phone interview. "The attendant motioned to a seat and asked if we purchased it for her."

They had paid for the seat. Gerry Kulesza said another attendant then approached the family and told him: "You need to get her in control and in her seat."

The couple told the attendants they were trying. Julie Kulesza said she asked the attendants if Elly could sit on her lap, but they said no.

The family flew home the next day.

The Orlando-based carrier reimbursed the family $595.80, the cost of the three tickets, and offered them three roundtrip tickets anywhere the airline flies, Graham-Weaver said.

But that's too little, too late for the Kuleszas. The father said they would never fly AirTran again.


OH SHUT UP, YOU WIMPY, WEAK, SOCIALLY MAL-ADJUSTED, DISCOURTEOUS, SELF-CENTERED, THOUGHTLESS, INCONSIDERATE, NEVER-SHOULD-HAVE-BEEN-ALLOWED-TO-REPRODUCE-IN-THE-FIRST-PLACE, TARDS!!!

Whew! I feel better.

Anybody who knows me knows that I am not a great lover of other people’s children. Not all children, just the ones who act like they were raised by wolves. And it’s not actually the children, it’s the parents. Ok, it IS actually the children, but it’s the parents’ fault.

If you can’t control your snot-nosed three-year-old after fifteen minutes, you just need to be sterilized.

The fact that this inbred couple draws the breath to be huffy about the whole situation makes me want to fly to Boston, find whatever trailer park they live in, knock on their front door, and smack the schnit out of both of them. I bet the other 112 passengers would erect a statue in my honor.

And then I have a little sum-sum special for Miss Elly…

14 comments:

Kelli said...

Yeah, people do not want to be told how to rear their kids, but when their kids act like hellions they want everyone to extend grace upon grace. Very annoying combination!

Murf said...

Ah, yes. Whenever I feel a bit blue about not having a little version of myself running around, I will re-read this in conjunction with watching 'Supernanny'. I too would have run out into an ice storm to restock on a certain 'B' item. :)

Karen said...

Idiots. Should have been sterilized before the kid was born. She'll be a serial killer by the time she's 17.

Jane said...

Too bad they didn't let the plane take off and then ask them to leave.

Kansas said...

Lmao at asking them to leave AFTER the plane took off! This story just aggravated the snot out of me. I’ve always said I wish birth control (a certain “B” item, see I’m payin’ attention, Murf) could be retroactive. But if that were the case, no kid would make it past the age of 16.

The fact that this couple wasn’t MORTIFIED and totally apologetic for their little angel’s behavior is beyond comprehension. She would have been in the overhead compartment if she’d been mine.

I thought we weren’t letting terrorists on planes anymore…

Anonymous said...

Hellooooo? When did being a parent become some kind of entitlement? I'm a parent of a girl and I'll be the first to tell you that if she acted up in any way, Oh Helll no. I'd drag her off the plane myself. When she was smaller, that was my thing. You act up...we're leaving. result? a well behaved child.

Anonymous said...

BRAVO!!! I couldn't have said it better... and I actually tried earlier today in my own post elsewhere. But just to add to everyone's horror...Julie, terrorist Elly's mother, is four month's pregnant.

Kansas said...

Four months pregnant? OMG! She’s breeding again! Isn’t there a law somewhere that says you don’t get to have any more until you learn how to handle the first one???

I’m with you, Fatman. My daughter was a well-behaved, well-liked child. She knew how to act in a room full of adults. The result? A mature, well-rounded adult who knows how to act regardless her surroundings. Good or bad, she acted like a tiny adult even when she was little. I always thought it was a by-product of being raised by a single parent.

Behavior like Elly’s would have never been tolerated. It was simply unacceptable. People can say kids will be kids, but normal kids don’t act like Elly. Kids who are totally manipulating their parents act like Elly.

Jane said...

What happens if little Elly doesn't want a sibling?

Kansas said...

She'll probably act a lot like you!

Oh snap!

Jane said...

Or like your daughter at my wedding.

Kansas said...

I KNEW you were going to bring that up! Besides, I don’t think Benadryl had been invented back then, or we all would have been drinking it with a straw…

Anonymous said...

WTF is wrong with everyone!?!?! I have never seen a group of people so eager to jump all over other people. Talking about kicking the parents out of the gene pool!?!?! Everyone here gives me the absolute creeps. I really hope that I don't encounter any of you ever...

Anonymous said...

Haaa! ^ That's probably the mother from the article.